Wednesday, October 26, 2011

calligraphy

from the list #2. address invites for A&K's wedding next summer (calligraphy)

OKAY. Homegirl needs to be proactive about this one. It's the first big thing I'm going to tackle, because I actually have to use it in a few months.. eeps.

Lucky for me, I love my handwriting. I practiced over and over and over as a kid, and in design school we were assigned weekly the task of writing the alphabet 15 times (architectural writing for hand drafting). I also love typography, and pen and ink is one of my favorite mediums..

SO. It should be a no-brainer.. right? I just have to put in the time. And buy a good pen. And maybe take Melissa's workshop? :) ..I'll add it to the list.

An old photo from the last time I attempted to use calligraphy for something:



















This week is a little crazy (dances every night...) but, first big project from the list: operation calligraphy.

Also... I started a pinterest board to keep track of all the fun lettering and inspiration I find in this process...

No comments: